Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Chunky Monkey Shake (banana chocolate)

Chunky Monkey Shake (chocolate banana)
Mmmm...chunky monkey.  Sometimes I really miss ice cream.  It's not good for me or for my booty but sometimes that devil on my shoulder just doesn't care.  Luckily, the angel on the other shoulder was feeling a bit adventurous.  We popped into the kitchen and came up with this satisfying replacement.  I started off with my BREAKFAST SHAKE, threw in some unsweetened chocolate powder and banana extract.  Ta-da!  Yummy chunky monkey shake!  Play with the flavors using different extracts or sugar-free syrups.  I might try to make mint chocolate next, maybe chocolate cherry.
P.S. My Hubs liked it better before I put in the cocoa powder, with it just being a banana shake.  If you remove the cocoa powder, the net carbs are 4.7.

4 STARS
1 serving
5.5 net carbs per serving

3 oz full fat cream cheese, softened in microwave
1/2 cup egg substitute, full fat original flavor (EggBeaters)
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 TBSP Sugar Free Vanilla (or chocolate if you have it) syrup

2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp banana extract
4 ice cubes

Blend everything but ice together for approximately 30 seconds in your Magic Bullet or whatever you would use for shakes.  Add ice and blend until it is a shake-like consistency.



No comments:

Post a Comment