Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cilantro Cream Chicken

Cilantro Cream Chicken
One of my favorite part of Low Carb is the cream sauces.  I'd spent so many years avoiding them on low calories/low fat diets that I still kind of giggle and feel like I'm being naughty every time I make one.  This cream sauce was very good!  The Hubs cut me off while talking to tell me how good the sauce was.  The Boy said it was "good" and ate his whole plate without complaint.  This is from Linda who had the same thought as me, you can't really taste the seasoning on the chicken so use whatever you want.  She used a rotisserie chicken seasoning and I used a southwest seasoning.  You could probably just use some seasoning salt and be just fine.  This is such a basic cream sauce with cilantro mixed it that it would be easy to switch up the cilantro for any other herb that you may have or grow.  *INDUCTION FRIENDLY*

4 STARS
4 servings
2.5 net carbs per serving


4 boneless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons butter
1-2 teaspoons southwest seasoning (or anything else you'd prefer)
3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon lime juice, 1/2 of 1 lime
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped, about 2 big handfuls

While heating the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, liberally season the chicken on both sides with the rotisserie chicken seasoning. Don't bother measuring the seasoning, just use as much as necessary. Brown the chicken on both sides in the hot butter. Remove the chicken from the pan. Lower the heat and add the cream cheese and cream to the drippings in the skillet.  Whisk to blend well as the cream cheese melts. Whisk in the lime juice and stir in the cilantro. Return the chicken to the pan; cover and simmer 15 minutes, turning after about 7 minutes. When chicken is cooked through, place on serving plates and pour about 1/4 cup of the sauce over each serving.

9 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would like to use the sauce on a couple of pork chops? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it sounds fabulous! Let me know how you liked it.

      Delete
    2. I made the sauce for the pork chops. I didn't have fresh cilantro, so had to use dried cilantro. I stilled liked it very much, but will use fresh cilantro next time to give it a punch. Great recipe.

      Delete
    3. Dried cilantro doesn't quite have the zing of fresh but I'm glad you still like it! It's a nice basic sauce that would be good with any herbs you have on hand.

      Delete
  3. I made this last night but I didn't have any cilantro but I did have cilantro base that I found in the ethnic aisle at my local grocery store. It was still delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, I think I have the same cilantro base. Are they cubes from Knorr brand? I use them in a pinch but they are very salty to me. I'm glad you enjoyed!

      Delete
  4. This is by far one of our favorite recipes! I make just like the recipe and it is DELISH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing, definitely a make again, the fresh cilantro is a must.

    ReplyDelete