Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Deep Fried Cauliflower

Deep Fried Cauliflower
Oh my!  I've never had deep fried cauliflower before but I can tell you that this will not be the last time.  Such a fun way to eat your vegetables!  A big thank you to Heart of a Country Home for such a fabulous recipe.  The original recipe is vague on the spices to add to the cheese "breading" so I used the spice mixture from my Parmesan Crusted Wings recipe since the spice balance on them is just perfect to me.  Ok, one last link but it must be mentioned: I dipped these awesome little bites into the most fabulous sauce ever!  Trust me and make the sauce from my Bangin Shrimp recipe.  It really is that extra oomph to make this side dish....er...bangin! *INDUCTION FRIENDLY*

4 STARS
4 servings
3 net carbs per serving



One 10 oz bag frozen cauliflower (fresh won't cook before coating browns)
1 egg
3 TBSP heavy cream
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup grated romano cheese
2 tablespoons dried parsley 
1 tablespoon dried oregano 
2 teaspoons paprika 
1 teaspoon salt 
½ teaspoon pepper 
hot oil for deep frying (I used canola)

Rinse and thaw the frozen cauliflower.  Drain off the water.  With a fork or whisk, mix the cream with the egg.  Set aside.  Add your spices to both cheeses, stir and set aside.
Put about a cup of cauliflower florets into the egg mixture, stir around until the florets are coated with egg.  Next put the florets into the cheese mixture (I put the cheese into a quart size freezer bag) and shake around until the cauliflower florets are well coated with the cheese mixture.
Carefully drop into the hot oil.  Deep fry 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.  Continue until all the cauliflower is cooked. Drain on paper towels and serve with your preferred dipping sauce.


1 comment:

  1. Do you thaw the cauliflower all the way? Approx. how long did that take?

    ReplyDelete