Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Roasted Parmesan Crusted Asparagus with Balsamic

Roasted Parmesan Crusted Asparagus with Balsamic
I had high hopes for this recipe.  However, I found the asparagus a bit bland.  Certainly nothing wrong it, it just didn't really wow me.  Perhaps my Balsamic Vinegar isn't a good enough one.  I do think that this recipe could be improved by adding WAY more Parmesan, like really coat it on to make a real crust.  Perhaps even roll the olive oil covered asparagus right in the parmesan.  Yeah, that's the way to do it.  I'd probably throw some garlic powder in there too.  I've written the recipe below on how I'd do it next time, not how I did it this time.

3 STARS
4 servings
4.5 net carb per serving


1 pound thin asparagus spears, woody ends trimmed
1 TBSP olive oil
2 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
black pepper to taste
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar


Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Roll asparagus in olive oil, coating thoroughly, then roll in Parmesan cheese.  Place on foil covered baking sheet in single layer.  Pepper to taste.  Bake 12 to 15 minutes until asparagus is roasted and cheese is crusted.  Plate asparagus and drizzle balsamic vinegar over.


1 comment:

  1. try this, its my favorite and it will make you very happy! lay your asparagus is a small dish where it can lay down. its okay if it is pilled up some. melt 1 tbs. of butter per bunch and drizzle over the asparagus. squeeze lemon juice atop that. add either fresh romano or parmesan cheese (grated with a microplane works best) and then crack some black pepper on top of that. bake at 400 degrees until it looks done, like in your picture above. love it.

    ReplyDelete