Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Monday, July 23, 2012

Rosemary Ranch Chicken or Shrimp Skewers

Rosemary Ranch Chicken & Shrimp
I recently planted some fresh herbs in my garden so I'm having to come up with recipes that use them so they don't go to waste, hence came throwing some rosemary in with this marinade.  Man oh man am I glad I did because it really is a nice touch.  I think the flavor would have been a bit flat without it.  These came out much better than I was anticipating.  My entire family loved the skewers, with the Hubs declaring the shrimp even better than the chicken.  I thought both were amazing and have been unable to decide which one I liked better.  I think the marinade would be great with pork too.  Use it on whatever you have in the house and I'm pretty sure you'll be pleased.


5 STARS
4 servings
3.5 net carbs per serving


1/4 cup canola oil (or your oil of choice)
1/4 cup prepared ranch salad dressing (I used Ken's at 1 net carb per serving)
1 1/2 TBSP fresh rosemary, finely minced
2 tsp lemon juice
3 TBSP worcestershire sauce
1 TBSP granular Splenda (or your sweetener of choice)
salt and pepper to taste
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes OR 40 peeled and deveined shrimp
skewer sticks


If using wood, soak skewers in water for 30 minutes so they don't catch on fire on grill.  In a large gallon size bag mix all ingredients together (if making chicken AND shrimp, marinade in separate containers).  Marinade in refrigerator for 1-3 hours.  Preheat grill to medium high.  Thread chicken or shrimp onto skewers (separate skewers if making both because shrimp cooks much faster).  Grill shrimp until opaque.  Grill chicken for approximately 8-10 minutes until no longer pink in center.


No comments:

Post a Comment